Dear OVS High School Parents, Guardians, and Students:
We hope that you and your family are well. We know that as students at Orchard View School, you are already committed to working towards your academic goals through independent study. You already have the experience and skills to work from home, a situation that most students and people now find themselves in.
This unusual situation is causing us to make changes to the ways we provide instruction at OVS, especially for students who are enrolled in on-campus classes. We are committed to work together with mutual understanding and care, to value your time spent relaxing and being with family, and to provide you with purposeful and flexible learning opportunities through the independent study model.
Individual Meetings and On-site Classes:
- Supervising Teachers will be contacting high school students to arrange meetings via phone or computer and posting or emailing assignments for coursework.
- On-site class teachers will be posting assignments and resources on the OVS website class pages.
- Any student who needs a Chromebook to work from home should contact email@example.com.
Grades and Academic Credits:
- Students will be held harmless. This means that due to the current crisis, OVS students will not receive a grade lower than the grade earned prior to Spring Break. However, a student can improve their grade. Please read the OVS Grade Policy for Spring 2020.
- OVS teachers will work with students to be sure they have the flexibility and resources needed to complete their courses for academic credits and to be on track for next year’s course work, college placement exams, and graduation.
- The College and Career Counselor, Nichole Clark, is available for Virtual Meetings. Information is available on the Counselor's Blog.
- SRJC- Dual Enrollment. New Procedures will be documented here by April 15, 2020
School Events and Graduation:
- All school events are cancelled through the end of the school year.
- The OVS staff is working with the school community to honor the class of 2020 and celebrate their accomplishments. Graduates and their families will be contacted for their input.
If I can be of any help, do not hesitate to contact me. I am inspired every day by our OVS students. I look forward to hearing from you while the campus is closed, and to seeing you again in the future.
Orchard View School