Dear Orchard View School Community,
As we get close to the beginning of the 2020-2021 school year, I want to let you know about important dates regarding initial meetings, our fall schedules, and other related events. I hope you have found ways to have some summer fun and relaxation in these challenging times. We have been working hard behind the scenes to provide you with resources, instruction, and learning opportunities for a successful school year. I look forward to connecting with each of you as the school year begins. I especially want to welcome our new families and students as we work together to find new ways to build and strengthen our school community.
- August 10: The OVS office opens for phone or email inquiries. (707) 823-4709
- August 17 – August 21: OVS Supervising Teachers return to work. Teachers will be contacting families to schedule virtual or phone meetings during this week.
- August 24: First day of school – students begin home assignments
- August 31: 8-12th grade virtual classes begin.
- September 1: K-7th grade virtual enrichment classes begin.
At OVS we value the opportunity for students to socialize and participate in collaborative learning. Classes that would traditionally be held on campus will be virtual this semester.
K-7 grade virtual enrichment classes- These classes are optional, and families may choose to participate in distance learning or adhere to a homeschool model only. The tentative schedule for the k-7 Enrichment Classes will be posted on the OVS website the week of August 10th.
8-12th grade classes will be offered as distance learning classes, online classes, and through traditional text based independent study. The class schedule will be posted on the OVS website this week.
Academic Counseling for high school students will be available. Information regarding scheduling for virtual appointments will be posted on the OVS website this week.
Please feel free to contact the school with any questions and check the website for important updates.