High School Grade Change Options - Due by October 21st, 2021

AB 104 required CDE to post a grade change application template and a list of the institutions of higher education that will accept a transcript with a Pass/No Pass grade. Both of those documents can be found here
By August 2, LEAs serving high school pupils must also post the following information to their websites and send it in writing to students and their parents:
  • The application to request a grade change
  • The list of postsecondary institutions
  • A statement that some postsecondary institutions, including those in other states, may not accept a Pass or No Pass grade for admissions.
Both the CSU and UC systems have issued guidance on how they will handle admissions and GPA calculations for transcripts with Pass or No Pass grades. The CSU information can be found here, and UC information can be found here. AB 104 requires CSU schools, and encourages UC and private postsecondary schools, to accept without prejudice any transcripts with Pass/No Pass grades. 
Students will have 15 days from the day you post and notice that information to request a grade change. AB 104 states that LEAs shall not honor grade change requests after 15 days. 
LEAs will have 15 days from the day the grade change application is received to change the transcript and notify the pupil and the pupil's parent/guardian of the change.

Attached Files